We’ve been busy lately. A number of new client wins and big projects coming our way means we’re after another calm, capable and confident Client Manager to join our team at The Culture Club.
Passionate about company culture and armed with at least 2 years agency experience, you’ll be happy to roll your sleeves up and deliver refreshingly simple, tangible and practical solutions for our clients. We’re looking for someone to join us in the new year so interviews will start week of 6 December. The salary is up to £35k depending on experience.
At The Culture Club we work with clients to shape, shift and celebrate their culture through brilliant employee engagement, communication and experience.
We’ve just celebrated our third birthday and are proud to be working with a mix of global clients on varied and challenging projects. We’ve done everything from redefining and embedding values to equipping leaders, designing and facilitating events, and launching a new global listening programme (during a pandemic!). Take a look at the type of projects we love to get stuck into.
We’re not a fan of strict rules and regulations (we’re not that kind of business), but we’re guided by our five club rules:
- keep it simple
- know it matters
- ask great questions
- roll your sleeves up
- laugh at least once a day.
We work closely but remotely and welcome applicants based in the UK. So long as you’re happy to travel for clients and for our monthly team get togethers. These currently rotate between London, Bristol and Manchester.
Client managers focus on making sure our clients get the very best The Culture Club experience. They oversee each project, making sure everyone’s pulling in the right direction (and having fun along the way!)
You’ll be a self starter who is able to work with a team to plan and deliver projects that craft company culture. A pro when it comes to agency processes, you’ll bring your own skills and expertise to the table and quickly build rapport with clients.
We’re looking for:
- First and foremost, you get fired up about people – how they think and feel, and why they do what they do.
- Confidence and experience in managing large projects with multiple stakeholders.
- A dab hand at writing briefs and proposals, preparing quotes and managing budgets.
- Unflappable personality with the knack of juggling multiple projects at the same time.
- Agency background (essential) with at least 2 years’ experience managing clients.
- Brilliant communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Passionate about the creative process and enjoy working with creative teams.
Day-to-day a client manager will:
- Work on multiple programmes; managing projects and campaigns from start to finish.
- Work together with culture specialists and creatives to manage all aspects of a project.
- Make sure projects are on brief, on time and on budget.
- Manage and build solid relationships with clients, partners and suppliers.
- Bring curiosity, initiative and a challenger spirit to find the best solutions for our clients.
- Spot opportunities to grow accounts and work with new clients.
- Be meticulous about quality.
We know that having different perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the ever-changing problems our clients face. People of all differences, cultures and backgrounds are welcome at the Culture Club. You be you.
What we offer our Clubbers:
Company culture is what sets your organisation apart. It’s your heart, your soul, your pulse, your buzz. We work hard to practice what we preach and craft a great culture of our own:
- Starting salary is up to £35k (DOE) and will be reviewed regularly.
- Flexible / remote working to suit your lifestyle.
- Dog friendly office in Bristol.
- Private healthcare after probation.
- A development plan for each Clubber to continually grow and become more brilliant.
- Dedicated time off each year to focus on passion projects.
- The chance to help shape a young and ambitious agency.
Plus the usual legal stuff like a company pension and holidays (which we don’t limit).
Where is it based?
UK remote, with travel to our client offices across the UK.
We’d love to hear from you. Send your CV, a bit about you and why you’d make a brilliant Client Manager to email@example.com
No agencies please – we’ve got this one.